The Energy-plus building advanced master deals with energy management in the field of construction and renovation (thermal energy in buildings) and reducing the impact of buildings on the climate (sustainable construction). It aims to train engineers capable of designing low-consumption buildings (BBC) or with low carbon positive energy (E+C-).
The course provides the keys and tools required to meet the expectations and requirements required by the implementation of the recommendations issued by the Grenelle Environment Forum, the energy transition act for green growth and the AGEC law, anti-waste for a circular economy, applied to buildings, in terms of thermal energy and eco-design.
This master is in the 8th position of the Eduniversal 2020 ranking of the masters "Energies - Renewable energies". Learn more
PROFILE OF THE APPLICANTS
This course is open to students coming from civil engineering and energy engineering backgrounds, holding one of the following diplomas/levels:
- Engineering diploma accredited by the Engineering qualifications Commission
- 2-year Master University degree
- 1-year Master ans three years of professional experience
- Foreign diploma of equivalent level
The language level required in French is B2 for non-French speaking candidates.
Opening of the application platform: Monday, November 1, 2021.
4 application sessions will be organized from March to June 2022.
Deadlines for submitting an application for each session are:
- Session 1: February 28, 2022
- Session 2 : March 31, 2022
- Session 3: April 30, 2022
- Session 4: June 15, 2022
International students are encouraged to apply to one of the first two sessions to allow them, in the case of admission, the necessary time to complete the administrative procedures for the visa application.
The course involves 425 hours of classes, 140 hours of project work and 6 months of in-company training in the following fields:
Theoretical and practical teaching is organised into 4 main Teaching Units (UE)
UE 1 Bioclimatic architecture, thermal comfort and environment (110 hours)
- Bioclimatic architecture
- Comfort and thermal transfer
- Quality of internal air
- Eco-design, sustainable materials and lifecycle analysis
- Building acoustics
UE 2 Physics, dynamic thermal modelling of the building envelope and BIM (115 hours)
- Thermal behaviour of a building and modelling, methods and tools, Dynamic Thermal Simulation, Thermal Regulations, 2012
- Dimensioning energy systems
UE 3 Urban energy systems and energy management (110 hours)
- Energy efficiency of low consumption buildings
- Thermal renovation of buildings
- Renewable energy applied to building
- Passive-energy buildings
- Urban energy management
UE 4 Stakes for energy and the environment (90 hours)
- Introduction to renewable energy
- Techno-economic analysis
- Life cycle assessment
- Geographic information system
- Serious Game Carbon
- Visits and conferences
Scientific and technical project (140hrs)
Renovation project of an existing building, owned by a local authority or an association. This project, tutored by teacher-researchers from IMT Mines Albi, places the students, grouped together in trinomials or quadrinoms, in a role of assistance to project management.
Professional thesis (25 weeks)
To complete the educational programme and validate the course, a period of in-company training (or professional thesis) of 6 months is also required with the aim of putting into practice the capability of appreciating an industrial problem in the widest possible manner: scientific, economic, organisational, relational, human, etc.
After completing their “Energy-Plus Building” SM, graduates are in a position to take up jobs with a high level of responsibility in R&D, study and design, project management, building-site monitoring, etc.
Study and design
- Thermal calculations required by regulations and thermal dynamic simulation tools
- Dimensioning of optimized energy installations
- Definition of the building (design/adaptation)
- Assistance to construction project managers and architect
Project and/or construction site manager:
- Coordinating the interventions of different trades
- Definition and validation of adaptations for rehabilitating existing buildings
- Inspection of completed works in accordance with regulations