11th January 1993: the decree authorizing the creation of the School was signed. Placed under the supervision of the ministry for industry, IMT Mines Albi is a public administration institution.
The status of IMT Mines Albi
A major player at the crossroads between digital and engineering sciences and technologies, the school applies its skills in the context of the major fields of digital, industrial, energy and ecological transformations and their impact on the industry of the future, urban life, health and personal self-reliance.
The School is headed by a Director, appointed by the French Minister of the Economy, Finance and Economic Recovery, on the recommendation of the ITM General Management and after consultation with the Board of Directors.
Lionel Luquin will head IMT Mines Albi from December 2021 for a 5-year term.
The school board
Various bodies are responsible for ensuring that the École operates smoothly and that its strategic orientations are consistent with its missions.
Its Director, appointed by decree, is assisted by a Deputy Director, the Director of Training and the Director of Research and Innovation, and the Secretary General, who collectively make up the Executive Committee.
The establishment is administered by a decision-making body, the Conseil d'École, comprising a president and 24 members:
- leading figures from the school's scientific and technological environment,
- State representatives, ex officio members,
- representatives of local and regional authorities,
- elected staff representatives,
- elected student representatives.
The school has a number of advisory bodies with distinct missions :
Advisory committee for education
Consulted by the Director, the advisory committee for education is working towards the development of ever-greater quality in the teaching of engineering studies at the school. It intervenes upstream of any modifications to the curriculum of the school, before the changes are passed on to and validated by the school board.
Chair: the Director
Members: 21 figures including
- 1 student representative elected for every course cycle
- 2 student representatives elected by the students
- 4 representatives elected by faculty members of the School
For every training course leading to a diploma or a qualification, a studies committee examines student results and decides whether or not they can go through to the next year of study. It decides on the awarding or refusal of qualifications to trainees, the awarding or refusal of diplomas and certificates or on exclusion from the school.
Chair: the Director
- The deputy Director
- The Director of studies
- 5 teachers appointed by the Director (including 3 of professor status)
- 2 representatives of the economic world
Committee for Health, Safety and Working conditions
The Health, Safety and Working conditions committee, as its name indicates, concerns itself with issues related to hygiene, work safety and preventative medicine in the school. It assists the technical committee.
- 2 representatives of the administration
- 5 staff representatives
- 5 alternate members
- The preventative measure advisor: CP-HSE
- The preventative medical doctor and health and work safety inspector: ISST
The technical committee decides on issues relating to :
- the organisation, operation and staffing of School,
- employments and skills, change management with regard to new technology and working practices in the School and their impact on the personnel,
- rules concerning bonuses and allowances, training and the development of professional skills and qualifications
- equality at work, parity and the fight against all discriminations,
- hygiene, safety and working conditions
It meets at least twice a year.
Members: The Director (chair), the Secretary-General, the staff representatives.
- Disciplinary board
Placed under the direct authority of the Director, the disciplinary board must be consulted before the any sanction above the level of a warning comes into effect, after appearance before it of the student in question. These sanctions - warnings, reprimand, temporary or permanent exclusion - are requested by the Director in case of a breach of internal or academic rules.
- Deputy Director
- Director of studies
- General Secretary
- 2 teachers appointed by the school board,
- an elected representative of the student’s intake – a position renewed each year.