IOMEGA VR is an experimentation, demonstration and training platform specialized in the development of immersive tools dedicated to engineering and management of response networks.
It enables companies, whatever their size, positioning and experience, to carry out their research & development programs on these topics. The topics covered range from artificial intelligence for decision-making to immersive training and the visualization of complex situations.
IOMEGA VR is a component of the Centre Génie Industriel, one of the 3 research centers of IMT Mines Albi.
A team dedicated to your research and development projects
In the fields of :
- supply chain management and organization,
- security and crisis management,
- engineering and development of products, services and processes
A wide offer suited to the needs of companies
Scientific expertise and support
A team of scientists at the junction of industrial engineering and artificial intelligence is able to support companies in their research which could benefit from immersive environments:
- to conduct scientific & technical analysis,
- to design & develop a software prototype,
- conduct & analyze an experimental approach.
A vocation to carry or integrate partnership projects with industrial and/or public financing:
- Collaborative projects (ANR, EU, etc.)
- Joint industrial laboratories (direct bipartite contract)
- Chair of sponsorship
Sequences of in-house or inter-company ongoing training requiring highly interactive computer and pedagogical facilities:
- Design & implementation of training courses
- Premises made available to partners
INTEROPERABILITY OF ORGANIZATIONS
Collaborative response networks impacted by the research topic, with a technology facilitation component.
A set of state-of-the-art technological (connected objects, robots, etc.), IT (servers, software development infrastructure, etc.) and audiovisual (video walls, touch screens, etc.) resources.
Experienced equipment and human resources capable of designing/establishing proofs of concept, developing/testing/validating research software prototypes and defining/executing/analyzing large-scale experimental designs.
A user-friendly and pedagogical hardware configuration for the implementation of interactive training courses based on software tools on the market or prototypes developed within IOMEGA.
An environment allowing the dissemination and validation by companies of the concepts, methods and tools developed within the research & development work of the Centre Génie Industriel and its partners.
An immersive context allowing experimentation with new approaches and innovative principles.
- EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS
Examples of projects hosted by IOMEGA VR:
- Joint Industrial laboratory EGCERSIS (Training in Crisis Management in Representative Environments of Sensitive Industrial Sites) in partnership with the companies IMMERSIVE FACTORY and REPORT ONE and co-financed by the region OCCITANIE (2019-2022).
- Joint industrial laboratory SCAN (Agile and Digital Collaboration System) in partnership with the company SCALIAN (2019-2024).
- Theses on Data Science for decision support in collaborative environments based on physics principles (2019-2022).
- Theses on humanitarian supply chain and on deployment of networks of means associated with natural disasters (2019-2022)
- ANR project on decision support based on the measurement of critical infrastructure resilience indicators (2019-2023).
- European project on innovation in crisis management (2017-2020).