Aerospace Materials Design, Manufacturing & Innovation Management
A training to acquire the necessary skills to start building a successful career in the aerospace industry.
Aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, innovation management
WHY THIS COURSE?
Master AeroMat-Innovation, in partnership with Airbus under the “Airbus Global University partner program”, trains young leaders who want to build a strong career in the aerospace industry including scientific, technological and managerial competencies. As a student of this Master, you will acquire skills and expert knowledge on mechanical engineering, materials science and innovation management and will become a high-level engineer capable to adapt your skills to the aerospace market.
By joining the Master AeroMat-Innovation, you will have the opportunity to enter two prestigious institutions members of the Institut Mines-Télécom (IMT):
- IMT Mines Albi, in the UNESCO world heritage city of Albi near Toulouse (the European capital of aeronautics and space), for the 1st and 3rd semesters, to study aerospace engineering subjects
- Institut Mines-Télécom Business School (IMT BS) in Evry near Paris, for the 2nd semester, to study innovation management subjects
The Master AeroMat-Innovation has strong interactions with industry, e.g. classes taught by professionals coming from international reference companies and universities in the aerospace sector (Airbus, Safran, Cranfield University, ISAE Supaero), company visits, one-semester internship in the industrial or advanced research world. This will allow you to develop your professional network starting from the very beginning of the program.
- Students from European Union: 5 473€ per year
- Outside the European Union: 9 000€ per year
Want to know more about Master Aeromat Innovation?
PROFILE OF THE APPLICANTS
Applicants should hold a bachelor degree or to be in the last year, in sciences or engineering, preferably in the following major:
- Materials sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Aerospace or aeronautics engineering
Professional experience in industry is appreciated.
English: B2, IELTS 6, TOEIC 750 or equivalent
No minimum level required in French.
Application process is entirely online.
Applicants will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Recommendation letters
- Transcripts of records
- English language certificate
- Identity document
Application fees amount is 60€.
May 31, 2021
Do you want to know more about the admission procedures for the Master Aeromat Innovation program?
The program is composed of 4 teaching units including an integrated and global approach addressing the specificity of the aerospace industrial sector, the materials science and mechanical engineering and the business and innovation management. Skills and competencies acquired will be used for the master thesis in industry or research. 1st and 3rd semesters of the master are taught at IMT Mines Albi, 2nd semester is taught at Institut Mines-Télécom Business School (IMT BS).
1 - Aerospace engineering
- Market, technical and economical analysis
- Architecture, structure and performance of airplanes, launchers and satellites
- Aerospace project management, quality management, certification and environment rules for sustainable development
- Aerodynamics and flight dynamics
- Space techniques and materials in space environment
- Innovation in aerospace
2 - Materials science and mechanical engineering
- Strategy for selecting & tailoring materials
- Modelling & simulation in mechanics of materials
- Physical properties of materials
- Additive manufacturing
- Advanced manufacturing processes
- Diagnostic and control of materials & structures
- Surface engineering
- Laboratory work
3 - Innovation management
- Principles of management (introduction, business simulation, multidisciplinary team management, soft skills learning, international negotiation)
- Innovation management (R&T, technology competition models, technology intelligence, organisation & tools, scientific and technological partnership, innovation measure & metrics, intellectual properties, rights & strategy, technology intelligence with patents)
- Project management (designing innovation project, response to competitive call for tender, press review)
- Business management (strategy, value chain, firm network, human resources management, intercultural management, business ethics, supply chain management)
4 - MSc Thesis
- 6-month MSc thesis in industry and/or research laboratory (France or international)
Would you like to know the detailed program of the Master Aeromat Innovation?
Immediately after the training, graduates are eligible for high-level positions in the aerospace industry.
- R & T Operations Manager
- Junior Project manager
- Lean Management Officer
- Engineer/Consultant Intellectual Property
- Engineer with client, supplier and/or research laboratories interfaces
- Project procurement/purchasing
- Engineer/Consultant Technology Watch
- Engineer/Consultant – valuation/technology transfer
Want to know more about Master Aeromat Innovation?