Advanced Manufacturing Processes for Aeronautical Structures
A training for master students who want to take over high level responsibilities in airframe structure manufacturing plants.
Aircraft manufacturing, structures, materials and processes, supply chain for aerospace
WHY THIS COURSE?
The Advanced Master AMPAS is a 1-year program designed by IMT Mines Albi and ISAE-SUPAERO with the support of aeronautical industry partners certified by the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles” (CGE). It trains master level students or young professionals who want to specialize in manufacturing processes for aeronautical structures and get more chances to make a brilliant career in the aerospace industry.
As a student of this advanced master, you will acquire skills and expert knowledge on materials science and process for aircraft, metallic and composite structures forming and machining processes, supply chain structure and lean management.
By joining the advanced master AMPAS, you will have the opportunity to enter two prestigious institutions:
- IMT Mines Albi, one of the best engineering school in France, located in the UNESCO world heritage city of Albi, for 70% of the classes
- ISAE-SUPAERO, the world leader in aerospace engineering higher education, located in the city of Toulouse, the European capital of aeronautics and space, for 30% of the classes
Are you interested in the AMPAS specialized master?
You can apply by clicking HERE
The advanced master AMPAS has strong interaction with industry and will offer you a good balance between academic lessons and applied practice:
- lectures delivered by expert practitioners from the aerospace industry
- process simulations lessons
- laboratory sessions
- practical sessions
- industrial conferences, workshops
- 1-semester internship in industry or in research leading to a written report and oral presentation
The interaction with the industrial world will allow you to develop your professional network starting from the beginning of the program.
- Students from European Union: starting from 10 900€
- Outside the European Union: starting from 16 000€
Would you like to apply for the AMPAS specialized master's degree?
PROFILE OF THE APPLICANTS
Applicants should hold a master degree or an equivalent degree in science or engineering or a bachelor degree completed by 3 years of professional experience.
English: B2, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 785, TOEFL IBT 85 or equivalent
No minimum level required in French.
Application process is entirely online on the application website of ISAE-SUPAERO. Several admission committees scheduled from January to July and interviews can be organized if necessary.
Applicants will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Transcripts of records
- English language certificate
- Identity document
- 2 recommendation letters uploaded by your referees (instructions will be given as soon as the application is validated)
Application fees amount is 90€.
Do you want to know more about the admission procedures for the Advanced Master AMPAS?
This 1-year program is composed of 1 semester of academic classes and 1 semester of internship. 70% of the classes are delivered at IMT Mines Albi and 30% at ISAE-SUPAERO.
The course is structured in 6 Teaching Units (UE)
Aircraft, Material and Process basic scientific knowledge (130h, 10 ects)
Aircraft and airframe architecture
Computer Aided Design and FEM
Aluminium and titanium alloys
Epoxy and thermoplastic composites
Material and processes qualification
NDI for metallic and composite materials
Optical shape scanning and positioning - PhotoMechanics
Composite Structure Forming and Machining processes (100h, 10 ects)
Physical phenomena description and modelling related to exposy based manufacturing
Raw material and composite quality control
Vacuum Bagging (monolithic - sandwich)
Composite material trimming, drilling and assembly
Composite RTM/Infusion Simulation
- Additive Manufacturing and Thermoplastic Processes
Metallic Structure Forming and Machining Processes (90h, 10 ects)
Material behaviour and mechanical models theory
Cold and hot sheet forming processes
- Metallic Material Machining and Additive Manufacturing
Metallic Sheet Forming Simulation
Industrial organization and management (70h, 7 ects)
- Supply chain structure and Organisation
- Lean management and Logitics
- Supply chain improvement and collaborative processes
- Quality requirement, management and tool
Integrated Team Project (100h, 8 ects)
Professional Thesis (5 to 6 months, 30 ects)
Would you like to know the detailed program of the Master AMPAS?
Immediately after the training, graduates are eligible for high-level positions in the aerospacde industry.
- Process engineer
- Industrialization engineer
- Production engineer
- Quality engineer
- research and innovation engineer
- product manager
- project and production manager
TYPE OF COMPANIES
- subcontracting companies
- aircraft manufacturers
- aeronautical maintenance companies
Want to know more about the Advanced Master AMPAS ?