Let's meet on friday september 28th 2018 for the 5th local year of the European Researchers Night in Albi
In partnership with the Institut National Universitaire Champollion, IMT Mines Albi organises
the 5th edition of European Researchers Night
on september 28th from 6:30pm
- The 2018 theme: '1001 stories'
For this national 14th year, the European Researchers Night will entitle '1001 stories'.
This theme will be the occasion to tell sciences, to discover sciences' stories or researchers' stories. The art of narration will be the guideline of this year.
Put the research into narrative is en excellent way to involve, to intrigue, to question the audience. Handing down knowledge is tell a story and make it fascinating.
Narrative ways are numerous:
- little animations or games
- put the research on stage or into pictures
- explain the work in the forme of anecdotes, funny stories, riddles...
This year is also associated to '2018, cultural heritage european year'
Come and attend the screening for free of:
Ready Player One
by Steven Spielberg
Friday September 28th
CGR Cinema Albi
Synopsis : In the 2040s, the world has been gripped by an energy crisis from the depletion of fossil fuels and the consequences of global warming and overpopulation, causing widespread social problems and economic stagnation. To escape the decline their world is facing, people turn to the OASIS,[a] a virtual reality simulator accessible by players using visors and haptic technology such as gloves. It functions both as an MMORPG and as a virtual society, with its currency being the most stable in the real world. It was created by James Halliday who, when he died, had announced in his will to the public that he had left an Easter egg inside OASIS, and the first person to find it would inherit his entire fortune and the corporation. The story follows the adventures of Wade Watts, starting about five years after the announcement, when he discovers one of the three keys pointing to the treasure.
- The key moments
- Speed-searching: Inspired from the speed-dating, the audience takes a seat to a table for a one-to-one discussion for 10 minutes. The researcher tells his work from a symbolic objec. At the bell, you change the researcher. Two sessions: from 7:30pm to 8:30pm and from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. Activity in French.
- 'Top Chrono pour ma Thèse': PhD students get 3 minutes to tell you their thesis subject. Then, you can ask your questions, whatever they are. This activity will take place from 7pm to 8pm, in French.
- Flash Conferences: 4 small conferences of 10 minutes to discover sciences in a different way. From 8pm to 10pm in French.
- Researchers' corner: Participative and experimental activities for all the family!
More than 1300 visitors came last year!